This book is all about showing you how to use Python to perform all sorts of repetitive tasks, but it is also a beginner’s book
The first part of it covers the Python basics: Python shell, variables, list, dictionaries… To be honest, if you are really new to Python I would recommend reading the first part of the Python Crash Course book rather than this one. I think it is a bit easier to follow and understand the concepts.
Now, the real purpose of this book is, as the title suggest, to show you the many ways you can automate things with Python. If you have an office job, I am pretty sure you perform a bunch of manual tasks on your computer on a daily basis. Such tasks are beging to be automated, giving you back some precious time.
Here are some examples of tasks the book will teach you how to automate:
- Search for text in a file or across multiple files
- Create, update, move, and rename files and folders
- Search the Web and download online content
- Update and format data in Excel spreadsheets of any size
- Split, merge, watermark, and encrypt PDFs
- Send reminder emails and text notifications
- Fill out online forms
Here’s the link to the book in Amazon: